According to recent survey, small business owners are not happy with their domain name.
- 45% of small business owners don’t have a website or blog for their company.
- 49% of Small Business Owners with a site or blog are not completely satisfied with their current domain name.
- 55% of Small Business Owners with a site or blog believe they have lost business or customers as a result of not getting their first choice domain name.
- 49% of Small Business Owners had to try 2 or more domain names before settling on the name for their website or blog.
- 52% of Small Business Owners with a website or blog would change their domain name if they had the opportunity to do so.
- When choosing a domain name, 63% of small business owners fail to consider the domain extension.
- 29% of small business owners say they don’t know what a “Domain Extension” is and of the 71% who say they do know — 2 in 5 are actually wrong.
- When choosing a domain name, 63% of small business owners fail to consider the length of the name (the average number of characters in the domain names of small businesses are 15).
- 57% of small business owners with a website or blog say that finding a good domain name for their business was just as difficult or more difficult than naming their baby.
Source: Wakefield Research 2013